July 09, 2011

Canadians

June 24, 2010

Canadians are wildly polite. Strangers will share their email address to make sure that you find what you are looking for (that happened to me in a store), and cars on highways will come to a halt if your body language even hints that you may consider crossing the street at some point in the following few minutes. I’ve been here for one month. Sometimes it feels like the best possible fit and other times I’m sure that I would give up much of our future material comfort in order to just move to a place of our choosing and live there for a long time. Probably Minneapolis, maybe Austin. In the meantime, I plan to cook and sew, a lot. Apparently feminism has gone all the way around the block and arrived right near where it started. What was a chore and burden forty years ago is now a privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment