July 09, 2011

Canadian Traffic Jam

June 16, 2010

I was on driving around on a wild-goose chase looking for sewing machine oil when I heard on the radio that there was a traffic jam in some part of the metro area (presumably in the outer metro…) due to a herd of moose blocking traffic. No joke. Thankfully the radio guys had the good sense to point how hilariously and typically Canadian that sounded, so I don’t think it is a daily event (?!?!).

Even funnier is that the guy who sold me the machine oil doesn’t actually have a storefront or a retail business, and doesn’t spend much time at his place of business, which is a warehouse, so he left a few liters hanging in a bag on the back door of his warehouse and trusted me to leave a check. I did, of course (leave the check), after I finally found his place.  I found his trust so charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment