July 29, 2011

Work: Preface

Some things regarding work are on my mind.  However, they were on the minds of famous people first:

Mark Twain said: "Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain."

Winston Churchill said: "Never, never, never, never give up."  [He also said "Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.", which I like and only just discovered while verifying the first one.]

Gloria Steinham said: "I think the best job is often one that doesn't exist until you create it.  The best career is one that you carve out for yourself."

I'm working on a personal goal right now regarding persistence and the long view.  These three ideas sustain me in moments of irritation or impatience.

Another note on persistence...while I understand that Hilary Clinton is not always a crowd favorite, I have now read several separate profiles on her that have left a strong impression on me.  For a dose of inspiration in the current daily grind, read about her schedule and methods: Vanity Fair June 2011: Woman of the World.  I'm still on hunt for the links to the other articles.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment