January 23, 2013

New Skirt and New Life

Many people close to me have heard me go on and on about my love for the work of Alabama Chanin, a company which not only creates beautiful couture garments using earth and people-friendly methodology, but also open sources their methods so that people who enjoy the making process, or want to get the look without the price tag, can still wear their uniquely Southern and feminine styles.

I recently completed my third Alabama Chanin garment, and I have been very happy with it so far.  It is longer than I expected, and also a little bit roomier than I expected.  This turns out to be a fabulous for me, since I also recently learned that I am pregnant.  The comfy, stretchy waistband is turning out to be exactly what I need, since slowly, one pair at a time, my pants no longer comfortably fasten.  More on that later, but in the meantime, here's the skirt:




1 comment:

  1. What!! Pregnant!! Congratulations Miss!! I can't believe it.

    I also can't remember if I ended up responding after my New York trip. Things got a little complicated over here for a while and we kind of hunkered down. Anyway, I can fill you in on that later but so excited for you. I was just reading along in the post and then bang you casually mention your pregnant...Wow

    ReplyDelete