May 04, 2012

Foliage for My Friend

I was talking to my girlfriend who lives in Chicago, telling her that there is relatively impressive greenery in Houston.  I say relatively because what I expected was no greenery.  Instead, what we have here is quite lush.

I do not have a history of noticing or being inspired by plants.  Yards in the Midwest usually just upset me; they always struck me as greedy for water, energy, time and chemicals.  However, down here I am actually inspired by plants.  They grow everywhere, in spite of concrete which conspires to hold them back.  They are fragrant, sturdy, variable and colorful.  Maybe there's hope for me and nature.

In the meantime, I took these pictures this morning, on my way for morning coffee, for my friend in Chicago.

















1 comment: