February 15, 2012

Project Mardi Gras: Finale



Since we learned late last week of our unexpected trip to a Mardi Gras ball this weekend, I have been online and into stores, but mostly, I have been drafting, cutting, sewing, and re-cutting.  Every time I thought I found a dress that I wouldn't mind buying, it didn't work out, and each time I almost gave up on making the dress, there was a breakthrough, or a new bit of inspiration, which kept me committed.

Five days and more than thirty hours later, I have a dress to wear to the Endymion ball.  It's not perfect, it's not purple or gold or sparkly, and it could be improved upon, but at the very least, it is complete and wearable.  Miraculously, no new money was spent for it since the material was already in my stash.  Laissez les bons temps rouler, indeed.

2 comments: