August 27, 2011

August : Pickles, Pickled


My dad makes the best spicy dill pickles, and I heard a rumor that my brother-in-law and his future bride are making pickles this weekend.  When I was home, I was able to witness my family making pickles, and it was a colorful and memorable day.  My godmother was there, and she spoke of mixing these pickles with cream cheese to make a dip.  Tonight we ate that for dinner with crackers, and it was delicious.  I added cayenne and cajun spices for extra excitement.

When my husband is slightly, but not terribly, hung over, he says he feels "pickled", which I think is great.












1 comment:

  1. Mmm, we had so much fun making our pickles, and I am going to try your godmother's genius recipe in six weeks when our goodies are ready to eat!

    ReplyDelete