July 09, 2011

I'm Taking a Class! No More School!

Monday, April 18, 2011

This week the universe is sending me mixed signals.

Finally found an interesting fashion class online. wavered, didn’t love the course description, thought it might be expensive, got over it, got annoyed how much time it seems to take to figure out what i should be doing, then...

MCTC professor from last year called. got really into the idea of going back to Minnesota for classes in the fall, thought it was time to live apart from my husband for a little while for the sake of my career hopes, remembered my feminism, then...

Received my replenishment of embroidery floss in the mail from Alabama Chanin, got inspired by a magazine that also came in the mail, and resolved a design problem on a shirt project by myself, concluded that more school would be a waste of time and money for me, and hard on my marriage, and would limit my other non-school types of opportunities, like how I was able to go the workshop at AC last fall, then...

My husband came home, heard all of these things, supported me going home for classes if I thought I should, even agreed to look for jobs in Savannah if I decided to jump into the professional career path plan with a full degree from SCAD, then...

After further research of SCAD’s program in the morning, I decided I shouldn’t have to get another degree to keep learning what I need and want to learn.

Maybe I need an apprenticeship? I’m feeling really worn out from trying to muddle around and cobble together some kind of career path, which has me back to maybe taking a class or two online...

Conclusion: ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment